Jalyn had her first trip to the dentist today. Our appointment was scheduled for 1:15- they told me to be there early to complete the paperwork so we got there at 1:00 - there was a sign on the door that said they would return from lunch at 1:1o. I was so annoyed...so we sat in the car and I listened to Jalyn ask me over and over and over again if we could go in and see the dentist. She was so excited...I couldn't figure out why (espeically since I HATE going to the dentist). Anyway, as soon as she stepped in the door of the office she told me that she wanted to find Nemo. I thought that meant that she had spotted a fish tank, however there was no fish tank to be found. After a few attempts to talk me into finding Nemo I finally figured out what she was thinking- she thought that we would actually see Nemo at the dentist office, since in the movie he lives in a dentist office! So funny she would think about that...
She did really well. A lot of kids her age don't get their teeth cleaned or if they do, they have to come back another day to finish the cleaning cause they won't sit and tolerate it all at once. For her it wasn't bad at all, loved the hygeinist, and had her teeth cleaned in less than 10 mintues. It was awesome....she made it seem so easy!
Playing in the waiting room

Getting started w/ the cleaning

Of course she had to play with the tools

Finishing up w/ the cleaning

Teeth all polished up!

Choosing her toy, which she already lost!
No comments:
Post a Comment