I started my new job today. It sucked. Well, the job doesn't suck at all. The people are nice, smart, laid back. I have a corner office and a beautiful view of the Olympic mountains on a clear day (along with a nice view of I90, but I can block that out). But it really, really, REALLY sucked not seeing the kids. I hated almost every minute of it...
Anyway, I received several text messages and phone calls today from people wondering how my first day went...and I ignored all of them (my office-mate probably thinks I am so popular!). Thanks for all your thoughts, I appreciate it and am sorry I ignored all of you. I literally didn't have time to respond to anyone...and now that I have finally sat down to do something for myself, I just don't have the energy to respond to everyone- So here is a mass update for ya'll...
I was up at 6am to feed B and put him back to bed so I could get ready for work. Made myself a cup of coffee. Showered. Made myself another cup of coffee. :) Jalyn woke up and wanted to 'help' me put my make-up on, which really wasn't any help at all, in fact it is the complete opposite of 'helping', but at least I got to spend a little 1 on 1 time with her. Then packed us all up in the car along with Buzz, Woody, Baby Woody, Baby Woo-Woo, Jalyn's makeup kit, Jalyns camera, 101 Dalmatians, baby lil' foot, and God only knows what else she stuffed in her 'purse' and we headed to Nanas. Luckily Nana provided us bacon and eggs for breakfast, that was nice....then it was off to work. I got a tour of the building, met dozens of people and already forgot 97% of their names, and then sat and stared at my bosses computer for 2.5 hours of training....I haven't concentrated on anything for 2.5 hours straight in MONTHS! My brain was shocked!! Absolutely shocked...made my head pound! (BTW, it is still pounding) I came home and saw the kids for 30 minutes during lunch, went back to work until 6. By the time we got home it was 7 and we had 45 minutes together as a family. We ate dinner and got into the bath. 45 minutes!!!! Totally sucked... Who decided that the work week should be 40 hours, leaving working parents essentially NO time to be parents??? That person should be shot....ugh!
That's my day in a nutshell. Nothing super exciting, but I am thankful to have a job that supports our family...and thankful for the best mom/nana in the world. She is the only reason I made it through the day without any breakdowns...
I am beat and need to hop into bed....
2.08.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ugh...i bet that is so hard. To start a new job is hard enough...but to leave the kiddos. That is hard!
Good job Mommy!
miss you.
you are the best mom ever, your kids are sooo lucky to have you as their mom. Just think, God chose you to be their mommy - lucky you and lucky them. XOXO Hang in there, they say it get's easier - not sure who the "they" are...
and...i think you said back to me via text....'Thanks" (short and sweet)
Post a Comment