6.23.2008

Happy Birthday, Maya!

Today Maya turned 2. Kyle decided we should buy her a new treat for her birthday, so on our way to dinner we stopped by Ace for something special. Kyle decided that we should buy her a 2 foot rawhide bone...when I asked how much it costs he said he wasn't sure, but it couldn't be too expensive. Well, when we got to the counter and the teller scanned it, it rang up to be $20. We decided that was too expensive for a dog treat...so Kyle ran back and grabbed something a bit cheaper. The teller informed us that what we were buying was a REAL animal bone, but not to worry because it had been 'cleaned thoroughly and boiled'. I was not happy with the thought of Maya gnawing on a real bone...but arguing with Kyle at the counter wasn't appropriate because we had a line of people behind us. So...when we got home Kyle gave the bone to Maya and she loved it...she has been gnawing on this darn thing for hours now and the only thing I can think of is the teller at Ace telling me that the bone had been 'cleaned thoroughly and boiled.' I can't help but picture this man stopping on I-90 and tossing a dead deer in the back of his pickup truck, extracting the bones and taking them into his house to boil them. The thoughts won't escape my mind (I saw two dead dear on my way to work today)...but Maya is happy as can be....

Maya and her nasty bone:
2 hours later, still gnawing:


1 comment:

Brieanne said...

Yay! Happy Birthday Maya :) What a big girl! How much does she weigh now?